Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Subscriber Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Software Development Lead (otherwise known as an Engineering Manager) who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. As a Development Lead at Hulu, you will lead a team to build, deploy, and optimize the marketing campaign landing pages and search-engine-facing content browsing experience to attract new users to the service. We’re building a new system to allow our marketing team to create and manage custom landing pages, as well as generate fast, SEO-optimized content information pages for users to learn about what we offer. If you like full-stack backend systems + client development, this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build a high-performance rendering and page delivery system for both marketing-driven and content-catalog-driven pages
- Work on headless content editing tool to support our Marketing team’s desire to customize pages quickly and independently
- Mentor and manage developers to help them to grow the scope and depth of their skills to drive their career growth
- Work with our Product Management team to help scope features, identify potential trade-offs, and ensure we’re building the right thing for our customers and our internal stakeholders
- Help enable A/B testing and rapid iteration to help the company meet its goals
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years experience developing full-stack web software
- Technical and organizational leadership skills for your team
- Experience with backend systems and design for working with our content metadata pipeline
- Extensive knowledge of system performance optimization, from browser to internal network calls
- Experience working with product and business stakeholders and helping manage a feature and technology roadmap
- Thoughtful mindset for building a platform that will be maintainable for 5+ years
- Experience with Scrum and Agile processes and practices
- Experience with an open-source-off-the-shelf CMS editor tool (such as Drupal, Contentful, Netlify or similar) to make sure we’re best set up for the future
- Knowledge of SEO best practicesWe will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.