Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Technical Accounting team. As a Senior Analyst, you will work very closely with the Technical Accounting and Compliance Senior Manager and have direct exposure to the Corporate Accounting Director and Finance Leadership. The right person for this role is someone who is dedicated, proactive, and possesses an atypical high quality bar for themselves and their work product. If you're someone who has as strong work ethic, keen interpersonal skills, enjoys technical accounting puzzles, and loves working in a fast paced environment, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Finance teams in addition to other business teams (e.g. Content Acquisition and Marketing) to understand, analyze and document accounting implications of non-routine transactions and ad hoc company initiatives.
- Review new or amended contracts to identify any potential accounting implications, and research accounting questions raised by the business.
- Identify, assess, and detail accounting positions related to new accounting standards, prior to and as they become effective.
- Assist the Technical Accounting and Compliance Senior Manager with updating Company Accounting Policies and draft whitepapers as needed and support compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Facilitate the annual financial statement audit and quarterly review activities, and other audits as needed, by coordinating the review of request listings and monitoring for compliance with request due dates.
- Coordinate the preparation of footnote support and prepare annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Perform financial statement tie-out procedures and prepare the annual disclosure checklist.
WHAT TO BRING
- A Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a Big Four public accounting firm, and a solid understanding of US GAAP is required.
- Proven experience with performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through the conclusion stage.
- Excellent time management skills: we are seeking a team member who is highly organized and efficient, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- An eagerness to learn, and the desire and ability to think creatively while collaborating with other team members to solve important problems and embrace fun!
- Active CPA license
- Media and Technology industry experience
- Currently employed in a role that requires research and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions