Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu has been very innovative and focused on increasing our subscriber base. The Subscription Partnerships team is looking to create an unrivaled content experiences for our viewers by partnering with other companies and offering new market entertainment bundles at discounted rates. Some examples are our Hulu with Spotify and Hulu with Sprint bundles. The Subscription Partnerships team specializes in building and improving the integration layer for our B2B partners with the goal of providing a flawless experience to our new and existing viewers to avail discounted rates and promotions offered by the partnership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working alongside Product and Business teams to understand the business implications and user flows of different types of wholesale and device partnerships at Hulu
- Getting a firm grip on the overall architecture of the subscription and billing systems end to end.
- Architecting and Developing a scalable API integration layer that exposes our subscriber onboarding and billing capabilities to our partners
- Designing and Developing micro services that integrate with our core services thereby providing an end to end full billing integration with our partners.
- Architecting and Building a reporting portal for our partners to view promo statuses and details
- Architecting the capture of critical data points of user subscription, billing and reporting needs
- As the team’s architect, You will spearhead the high-level design and system flow
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Be the go-to person on technical questions concerning partnerships
- Build robust and scalable micro-services
- Understanding the dependencies on core subscription, billing and payment systems
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance
- Analyze opportunities to better scale our integration layer with our partners and to provide a high quality user experience to our viewers
- Work with product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementation
- Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure health
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Strong code design and architectural skills
- Strong programming (Java or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
- Experience with SQL
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
- Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Redis and/or MemCache
- Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis