Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Apple Content Discovery team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our team. As a developer at Hulu, you will contribute to building our iOS and Apple TV applications for the App Store. The right person for this role can continuously learn and improve to deliver high-quality testable code, while working closely with our product and design teams to deliver a delightful experience to Hulu’s viewers. If you are someone who is excited about making an impact in the Video Streaming space and is passionate about code, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build features for both iOS and tvOS in Swift.
- Maintain a high level of code quality with each feature delivery by including unit and integration tests.
- Regularly review code from peers for continuous improvements and shared knowledge.
- Collaborate with other client platform teams to ensure a great user experience for all Hulu viewers.
- Specialize in Apple frameworks such as UIKit and AVKit to build a world-class application.
WHAT TO BRING
- A desire to learn and grow with the team, while also sharing your own insights.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in iOS software development.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience implementing complex user interfaces using Apple's UIKit.
- You have 3+ years of experience in using Swift.
- You have 2+ years writing unit tested code.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- An understanding of the benefits of using different design patterns, such as MVC or MVVM.
- You have 3+ years of experience in agile processes to help the team be effective and efficient.
- A passion for code quality.
- Experience with Apple’s AVKit framework and HLS.
- Experience or interest in Test Driven Development.
- Experience or interest in Paired Programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 3+ years of equivalent industry experience.