Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Distribution and Partnerships team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Partnerships team. As a Manager in the Partnerships team, you will report directly to the Director Partnerships and be an integral part of the group responsible for growing Hulu’s new live linear service (Hulu DMVPD) and driving distribution of the Hulu app in cooperation with major MVPD partners. You will assist the Director with the strategy for carriage agreement negotiations with major TV networks. In addition, you’ll seek out opportunities and manage the distribution of the Hulu app on tleading wireless, broadband and MVPD platforms. The right person for this role is a self-starter, eager to learn, well-versed in the streaming media ecosystem and experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships within and outside an organization. She/He has exceptional communication and organizational skills and is able to work with networks, MVPDs and internal departments including the broader Distribution team, Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Legal to build consensus around mutually beneficial opportunities. Finally, she/he thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with enthusiasm.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist Director with negotiation strategy/review of Hulu DMVPD’s network provider agreements and management of network partner relationships
- Create financial models related to the economic requirements of DMVPD carriage agreements and track proposal process
- Gather information from internal and external sources and synthesize into decks and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions
- Conduct and support efforts to drive subscriber growth of Hulu’s subscription offerings through wireless, broadband and MVPD partnerships
- Manage select external relationships, fostering teamwork-based collaboration and executing across all stages of the partnership lifecycle (e.g., deal negotiation, subscriber acquisition, engagement/retention, technical cooperation, joint marketing initiatives, roadmap planning, etc.)
- Establish collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders on the Product, Marketing, Technology, Legal, Finance and Content teams to help execute partnership requirements and deliver on business objectives
- Conduct reporting and data analysis to analyze partner performance, identify potential opportunities and provide key requirements to technical teams to establish relevant partner tracking mechanisms
- Create documents and develop processes to summarize complex agreements and data findings for internal or external use
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA a plus (but not required)
- 4-7 years overall experience, with 3+ years of relationship management with a media/technology focus
- Passion for entertainment, TV and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
- Strong partner engagement skills with the ability to develop relationships, and maximize existing partner channels
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Excellent communication skills with an effortless ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on technical projects, specifically in translating business objectives/priorities for product management and engineering colleagues
- Knowledge of and experience with livingroom devices is helpful (but not required)
- Willingness to travel (10-15%)
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.