Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s web team in Santa Monica is seeking a Senior Software Quality Assurance Lead (otherwise known as a QA Manager) to manage and propel the team that maintains the quality and stability of our web and mobile web products. The team you would be leading is responsible for ensuring the quality of the hulu.com website and the underlying APIs. Combining black box and automation testing, attention to detail and a neurotic eye is essential to ensure the best possible experience for our users. You will be responsible for defining the QA strategy and process, and ensuring that every release conforms to Hulu’s high standards of quality and excellence. You will collaborate closely with the customer support, product and technical teams to maintain a premium user experience and launch exciting new features and products to millions of consumers. Those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances. Excellent communication skills and thorough attention to detail are essential for this role. , then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with other teammates to identify testing areas across platforms
- Oversee creation and execution of test plans
- Define test strategies both within and across platforms
- Evaluate, implement and integrate external testing frameworks and tools
- Guide our automation testing efforts
- Day-to-day management and long-term career guidance of a team of 4-6 QA Engineers and SDET’s
- Communicate status to senior management
- Recruit and hire QA Engineers and SDET’s
- Establish process, standards and culture of a high-performing, highly accountable QA team
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software web testing experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a management role overseeing a team of 5+ Engineers and SDET’s
- Minimum of 2 years working with agile techniques (i.e. scrum/kanbam models)
- Proven experience identifying and implementing testing across multiple frontend platforms
- Experience with black box and exploratory testing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with automation frameworks and strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Willingness to take challenges head on, while being part of a team
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experienceWe will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.