Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Business Solutions Consultant who will be an exceptional addition to our Advanced Analytics team. As an Analyst at Hulu, you will liaise with business stakeholders in applying analytics to tackle our business’ biggest challenges. You will identify and prioritize opportunities, develop hypotheses, identify business requirements for internal teams/ vendors to build analytic models, coordinate with stakeholders to operationalize solutions into business processes, and track KPI impact post-implementation. You will promote the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage across our organization. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical abilities, exposure to statistical modelling techniques, and a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leaders in embedding analytics solutions into business processes. If you are someone who is passionate about driving value through analytics, and thrives in a highly-visible and entrepreneurial role, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as a liaison between the business stakeholders and the advanced analytics/ data science team
- Support the operationalization of analytics outputs to achieve maximum business value
- Optimize the usage and acquisition of data, analytics and reports
- Analyze complex business problems which stakeholders face, guide the advanced analytics/ data science team in developing solutions for those problems and facilitate successful delivery
- Define business needs, determine a strategy, and develop a plan/proposal for delivery of projects
- Equate business outcomes with cost-benefit analyses
- Write business cases for new information-based solutions
- Manage the production of datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools
WHAT TO BRING
- Experience working in a role which involved business analytics
- Ability to gather and document business requirements in support of information-related strategies
- Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Knowledge of various software development processes, including SDLC, Agile methodologies, and tools and technologies
- Ability to create and conduct presentations to inform and influence, with the ability to think laterally and creatively
- Experience in leading functional teams and projects
- Hands on predictive modeling experience in areas such as – logistic regression, survival analysis, time series modeling, ANOVA, linear regression, segmentation, decision trees etc.
- Strong understanding of statistics or data science algorithms
- Exposure to SAS, SPSS, R, MATLAB, SQL, Python etc.
- Have an open mind to pick up new analytical techniques as required
- Understanding of customer retention in a subscription based business model is a plus (not necessary)
- Master’s in Business Administration or Quantitative fields preferred
- Management consulting experience preferred
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.