Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Planning and Analysis team. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play an integral role in supporting departments across the business in all financial matters relating to the budgeting and planning of personnel costs and headcount as well as overhead support for specific departments. The right person for this role possesses an interest in corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, strong analytical and communication skills, the ability to partner and work cross-functionally in a multi-facet organization, and sets a high-quality bar for him/herself. If you are someone who is a self-starter, interested in quantitative analysis, thrives on collaboration, and enjoys a fast paced environment then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and manage company-wide headcount, personnel and incentive compensation annual budget and quarterly reforecast working documents and models
- Prepare monthly journal entries relating to select elements of personnel and incentive compensation
- Prepare month-end close analyses, trend evaluations, and variance commentary
- Support various business units in the development and management of their overhead budgets
- Collaborate with our HR Business Partners on strategic analytics, development of best-practice processes, and financial reporting for all matters relating to headcount and personnel costs
- Produce monthly actual-to-budget reporting by (1) preparing variance reports using data insights to identify trends and (2) identifying pertinent financial highlights that will enable business leaders to determine progress against budgets
- Support the continued migration of our budgeting and reporting into a cloud-based budgeting software
- Assist in any ad-hoc projects and financial analyses as needed
WHAT TO BRING
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in positions requiring data analysis and transferable skills to the key responsibilities of this role
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated facility with quantitative data analysis and evaluation of data trends to drive decision-making
- Professional decorum in the handling of sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking and organizational skills are vital
- A proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to learn quickly
- Big 4 or consulting experience preferred, or experience in Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements and US GAAP
- Experience with cloud-based or ERP financial software such as Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, or other software
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.