Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu is seeking a Software Developer who loves quality, tooling/framework development and embraces fun to join our Quality Platform engineering team. If you have empathy for developers, passion for product quality, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems, this role is for you. You will be developing a large scale, in house automation framework across complex and polyglot source code services while building high-efficiency integration testing environments and implementing tools and harnesses to enable the best quality practices across engineering teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, architect and implement across services in a large scope end to end testing framework
- Ownership of daily engineering work: ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch, monitor and maintain
- Actively mentor other engineers
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce software engineering best practices and appropriate design patterns
- Cross-team communication to understand the testing quality requirements from our dev and product teams
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering (MS is a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Strong system design and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Python
- Phenomenal communication, mentorship and collaboration skills
- Strong teamwork ethic and strive for perfection
- Hands-on Continuous integration and continuous deployment infrastructure/tools
- Reporting/Monitoring tooling
- Container technologies (Docker) and Cloud-based system solution (AWS, EKS, Terraform etc)