Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s IT team is seeking an Audio-Visual Support Technician who will be an extraordinary addition to our team. As an Audio-Visual Support Technician at Hulu, you’re responsible for supporting a wide variety of collaboration medium, while maintaining and optimizing our many conference and breakout rooms. Is comfortable running events on his/her own. The right person for this role has a strong attention to detail, sets a high bar for him/herself, and likes to solve problems. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and like to innovate collaboration with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Install/Inventory/Maintain/Support all AV Hardware and Conference Rooms
- Microphones, speakers, video conferencing codecs/cameras, displays (projectors, TV’s, monitors, tablets), recording/streaming equipment, audio amplifiers and mixing boards.
- Maintain and validate all AV cabling (standardize and label each connection)
- Support local and remote sharing of content using multiple platforms
- Provide both remote and personal support for any AV related requests (conference room setup, hardware errors, virtual meeting room preparation, training)
- Perform routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, and update documentation for all conference rooms
- Provide special event setup and support for both ONSITE and OFFSITE events
- Source routing and layout manipulation during live events that are broadcasted across many locations and on the web
- Provide EXCEPTIONAL customer service
- Challenge existing practices and make recommendations to improve, standardize, and streamline the processes relate to AV support
- Advance troubleshooting of AV issues in conference rooms.
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ Years of Audio-Visual SUPPORT experience.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Possession of excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Understanding of AV best practices (you can identify and build a conference room from start to finish).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- Must be comfortable setting up and running Live events.
- Knowledge in conference room software (zoom, bluejeans, webex, ect).
- You remain calm under pressure when unexpected issues arise.
- Always prepared for the unexpected and provide solutions to minimize the inevitability of problems.
- Ability to configure room resources in outlook (moving a room to restricted booking.)
- Assist in identifying issues with room configuration and the ability to work with peers to solve those issues.
- Open to Learning new things and techniques. Always ask questions if things are unclear.
- You read open tickets thoroughly before responding and understand the urgency to deliver a quick solution.
- Understanding of presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Apple (Mac OS 14.0+) and PC (Windows 10) troubleshooting/understanding
- Experience with VOIP
- Understanding of Crestron Control Systems.
- Understanding of Biamp programing.
- Experience supporting complex events with many components ability to think on your feet to provide workarounds if things go wrong.
- Has used Zoom before and is comfortable monitoring the dashboard to ensure that no alerts remain unaccounted.
- Able to make configuration changes to Robin room schedulers.
- Have knowledge in Adobe suite (photoshop and primer) or another type of editing software.