Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Subscriber Growth team is seeking a Vice President of Subscriber Partnerships. In this role you will own the strategy and execution of Hulu’s partnerships that are meant to drive subscriber growth and engagement. You will lead the vision of how partners play a role in Hulu’s subscriber ecosystem all in the context of subscriber, financial and strategic considerations. You will lead all partner engagement aspects including but not limited to deal negotiations, partner management and internal support to get the most out of our relationships in a way that sets the standard for the industry. You will lead a team of high performers who are poised to drive the business through our partners and eager to make an impact. If you are someone who has deep knowledge in both the high level and the nuances of strategic partnerships, is multifunctional and possess great relationship management, problem solving, team building and persuasion/influence skills, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, get buy in and own Hulu’s partnership strategy as it relates to its role in driving profitable long-term growth for the business. This includes owning the long-range growth metrics for the channel.
- Manage new and existing business relationships with Hulu’s core partners that span across telecom, hardware and software leaders in their respective categories.
- Lead negotiation efforts on partnerships that drive subscriber growth and engagement at scale.
- Collaborate closely with Hulu stakeholders (i.e. finance, product, marketing) to ensure that partnerships reflect the needs of our business
- Own the execution and management of all partnerships which includes the delivery of committed and opportunistic initiatives.
- Collaborate and build strong teamwork and communication with internal stakeholders including Product, Dev, Program, Legal, Finance, Marketing and others
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of about 20 professionals that span in scope from business development, partnership marketing and operations/strategy
- Work hand in hand with Hulu’s head of business development and other related groups across the organization to ensure a cohesive strategy for our core strategic partners.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus (but not required)
- At least 15+ years of partnership development and management with a focus on subscriber growth
- Strong synthesis skills that enable you to distill complex issues down to understandable and actionable options
- Capable of driving internal stakeholders to consensus on challenging issues
- Strong experience leading, managing, and developing direct staff
- Good technical and digital platform knowledge including OTT and mobile devices
- Strong partner engagement skills with the ability to develop relationships, and maximize existing partner channels
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to address business, marketing and technical audiences.
- Detailed knowledge of the entertainment and TV businesses more generally
- Willingness to travel (>20%)