Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The VOD Pipeline team is responsible for building and operating a large scale distributed system to handle Video-On-Demand (VOD) business in Hulu. This team is seeking for a QA Engineer who will play a critical role in our test driven process. Candidate must not only be able to create and execute test cases, but also to collaborate directly with product manager and technical program managers to ensure quick, effective communication of issues and test results. This is a unique opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the QA process and culture, as well as the products we release.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze product requirements in project early stage, clarify requirements with both product owner and team.
- Design test plans and create test cases for new features.
- Deep understand VOD Pipeline and create a test framework for automation test.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences.
- Introducing effective test/quality methodologies to teams and improve existing tests.
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years experience in video related product/platform test and relevant tools development.
- Programming skills in any one Object oriented language like Python, Ruby, Go Lang, Swift, Node or Java.
- Good reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and test/defect management tools.
- Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Bachelor degree on computer science or related majors.
- Experience on creating test framework for online video streaming systems
- Deep knowledge on video coding standard and technologies