Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a hands-on QA Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. In this role you will lead the team responsible for measuring the quality of insights delivered to our stakeholders. You will provide leadership and technical skills to champion and implement Data QA strategy, processes and best practices that contribute to improving the quality data at Hulu. The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs. If you are a hands-on leader who is passionate about data quality and interested in making an outsized impact in an organization that values data as its top priority, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a data QA team, including setting the technical vision and hands-on development of test frameworks and automation
- Guide and mentor a data QA team distributed across multiple development teams.
- Work with your team to define and align best practices, tools and processes across multiple teams.
- Work with stakeholders to define and articulate the impact of quality testing and evangelize a testing-first culture across the data organization.
- Work with stakeholders to define a roadmap for quality testing, with a goal of incremental automation over time.
- Document, automate and enforce data quality, data integrity and QA best practices
- Manage prioritization and allocation of resources to optimize delivery
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
- Hire and develop best-in-class data QA engineering team
WHAT TO BRING
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to build and develop teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance Management for high-performant, scalable and distributed data systems with a focus on verification and automation
- Deep understanding of testing fundamentals like Test Driven Development, Risk Based Testing, Test Reporting, Test Planning, Test Automation, Test Metrics and Defect Trends Analysis.
- Hands on experience of data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platform
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, drive change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles.
- Strong project management skills and experience with agile/scrum
- Highly motivated self-starter with bias to action and passion for delivering high quality data solutions
- Attention to detail and quality with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Management or related field
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- Experience with statistics as well as formal verification methods
- MS in Computer Science, Information Management or related field