Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
This strategic, analytical and implementation heavy role calls for a data-driven marketer with demonstrable experience in email and push notifications marketing to drive engagement and reduction in churn. As the subject-matter expert and team lead, you are responsible for developing, testing (A/ B and multi variant), planning, implementing and analyzing all Engagement and Retention emails and push notifications. This role will work as part of a cross functional and collaborative team and play a key role in driving subscriber engagement. Email and push are vital communication tools that play a significant role in engagement and we are looking for someone with a history of building and scaling complex and automated marketing programs across both channels. The right candidate for this role will have deep experience developing and implementing email and push marketing programs that resulted in a significant lift in the growth of a business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage EandR email and push marketing campaigns from end to end; strategy, calendaring, creative trafficking, implementation, deployment, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Optimize email/push campaigns via continual testing of creative, messaging, cadence, frequency, targeting, landing pages, etc.
- Set up and monitor complex journeys, triggers and automations with static and dynamic content
- Consistently evaluate and develop new design, messaging, and functionality of email/push for the most effective campaigns
- Proactively drive the email/push calendar and provide recommendations on strategies that drive engagement without over contacting our subscribers.
- Produce weekly/monthly status reports that detail KPIs, results and strategic insights that guide ongoing campaigns.
- Monitor deliverability and ensure CAN-SPAM compliance to maintain high deliverability, data hygiene and channel health.
- Maintain pulse on industry trends and best practices, technologies, competitive landscape, etc. and apply those findings
- Perform quality control checks and document best practices to produce work that is error-free and easily repeatable
WHAT TO BRING
- 7 years of experience in leading all aspects of email and push marketing for a subscription business.
- Proven leadership skills managing a high functioning successful team
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and optimizing complex email and push programs to meet business goals.
- Experience working with product, tech and data teams for complex data/tech requirements gathering, documentation and QA
- Highly Proficient in email technology (Salesforce/Exact Target) and 3rd software services (Litmus, Return Path, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of HTML/CSS, responsive design, SQL and data mining experience pulling complex segments/lists
- Impeccable attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as build effective working relationships across the organization
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically.
- Positive attitude and ability to operate in a very fast paced environment with ambiguity; requires being scrappy.
- BA or BS Degree required
- MBA a plus