Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Optimization and Experimentation team is working to help create a data-driven driven culture across Hulu by working with product managers, UX designers, data scientists, and other developers to create, configure, and analyze A/B tests on the web or in our apps running on a variety of living room devices. We’re looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate and experienced in experimentation, and wants to join the team that is helping to create the next generation of TV interfaces. You’ll working with front-end developers to validate UX concepts and designs, as well as partnering with backend teams to tune services and algorithms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Provide expertise in the areas of experiment design, metrics gathering, and testing strategies.
- Test and implement the UI for new features and initiatives, working closely with the developers of the Hulu web site and mobile apps.
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content on the web and in the living room.
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years’ experience as a front-end or back-end developer and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s preferred).
- Exposure to analytics, statistics, machine learning, and A/B or Multivariate testing is a plus