Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data Science team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support and grow our internal experimentation platform. As a Data Scientist working with the experiment platform team, you’ll work with the platform Product Manager and Dev Lead to build the roadmap for the platform’s analytic capabilities and help validate concepts for new features for the platform. You will help refine existing platform features to improve experiment sensitivity, precision, and the platforms experimental capacity. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the way Hulu uses data to build a better product for our customers, ultimately impacting the daily experience of millions of people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research best methods for experiment evaluation
- Determine analytic feature set of platforms
- Test and analyze proof-of-concepts for new features
- Conduct internal research and experimentation on the platform
- Provide input on what features should be developed to enable self-serve product analysis
WHAT TO BRING
- A PhD in in Statistics or related quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research).
- 5+ related experience such as analyzing data and building analytical models; in either an academic or professional setting and 5+ years relevant work experience.
- You are an expert in experiment design and have very strong statistics knowledge
- Understanding of both Bayesian and frequentist approaches to statistics for experimental design
- Experience using machine learning and statistics to build Multi-armed bandit or other experiments
- Proficiency in prototyping models using scripting languages such as Python or R
- You are creative: you will develop new ideas into models for testing methodologies
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- Experience with counterfactual inference is a plus
- Experience in design of user/subscription retention and engagement related experiments