Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
In Hulu, our mission is to redefine the TV experience on your computer, on your mobile devices and in your Living Room. And the player team is at the pinnacle of the effort. The charter of the team, which has been in Hulu since the very first day is to provide the world’s best player to support the best playback experience for Hulu users. As a member of the player team you will be working on media framework, starting from low level native player in our Webkit based runtime, to player SDKs used by other internal teams and Hulu’s partners, all the way up to the player UX, user interaction and streaming QoS optimization. You will be part of the team that develops and maintains players that are used by millions of users. As a Player Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced, responsive and vibrant team to conceive and design innovative playback features. You will collaborate closely, on a daily basis, with tens of front-end, back-end teams in Beijing, Santa Monica, Seattle and San Francisco on some of the toughest projects in Hulu.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and enhance the web players used on hulu.com
- Develop and enhance player SDKs as well as integration documents we provide to Hulu internal teams and external partners
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation in the whole playback experience
- Maintain best practices for software development and documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
WHAT TO BRING
- 2+ years development experience
- Solid algorithm knowledge and coding skill
- Interested in video technology, basic knowledge of the web media stack: HTML5 Media, MSE/EME, adaptive streaming (HLS, DASH, etc.), DRM (PlayReady, Widevine, etc.)
- Backend service knowledge, Java/Python/C++ project experience is a big plus.
- Experience with media frameworks (ffmpeg, gstreamer, dshow, ..) is a big plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment