Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Living Room Experience team is seeking a Senior Software Developer – Tools and Infrastructure who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our Engineering Infrastructure Team is looking for a Tech Lead to help us increase the effectiveness of our engineering effort through the design, implementation, and rollout of best-of-class test tools and engineering processes. If you're an experienced SDE looking to take that next step, looking to make a significant impact across an organization primed to revolutionize the way our users watch their favorite shows and movies, this could be the job for you! Hulu's Living Room and Mobile client team located in Seattle creates the Hulu clients that run-on Android, Apple, Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, Roku, FireTV, Smart TVs, just to name a few. Our small, highly-capable team is responsible for the UI for the fastest-growing segment of Hulu subscribers, using all the best devices, the very day those devices ship. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu’s bottom line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive a team of developers to contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing and maintainability
- Work closely with all disciplines within our engineering team to define and implement clever and inventive test tools and process to increase effectiveness and capacity of our ever-growing Dev and QA organization.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Drive innovation within the problem space by keeping abreast of needs, industry trends, and by enabling your team to explore novel solutions.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and process.
- Work with management team to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short-term and long-term goals.
- Help your team build relationships across functions to ensure hulu’s continuing success.
WHAT TO BRING
- You have 7+ years’ experience as a SDE with strong programming and scripting skills using a modern programming language like Java or C#.
- You have strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- You are well seasoned with Scrum and test-driven development.
- You are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You have experience defining strategy for a team of engineers and mentor them through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent (Master’s preferred).
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.