Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Partnerships and Distribution team is looking for a Senior Manager of FVOD Audience Development on the Partnerships & Distribution team. In this role your primary responsibility will be to grow Hulu’s free video on demand (FVOD) audience reach through distribution partnerships with companies like Yahoo, AOL, Time Inc., NY Post and others and to manage the ongoing performance and optimization of these partners. You will also work on initiatives to drive Hulu’s VR efforts forward across platforms and content genres.
You will help define goals, identify opportunities, and secure commitment from internal and external stakeholders to meet annual financial and audience targets. The right person has outstanding business development, strategic vision, consensus building, and execution skills. They have experience in business and relationship development and an ability to effectively operate in a hybrid media and technology company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee existing FVOD audience partnerships with companies like Yahoo, Time Inc. etc.
- Help develop medium/long term FVOD business and product vision with key stakeholders
- Drive improvement of Hulu’s FVOD value proposition to existing and new partners
- Work with Hulu content team and partners to enhance Hulu’s FVOD content offering
- Prospect for new FVOD audience partners and drive Hulu ubiquity in the marketplace
- Drive negotiation efforts, spanning high-level strategy and tactical execution
- Secure strong placement and promotion from all FVOD partners
- Manage Hulu’s VR efforts, building the brand while managing costs
WHAT TO BRING
- Business development: 7+ years of experience in media and technology
- Track record: Strong partnerships with enterprises, publishers, syndicators, or other media outlets
- Leadership: Of thought, people and process. Make the people around you better
- Selflessness: Think first about what is good for the company and for others
- Strategy: Operate at 30K feet, see trends, anticipate opportunities and challenges
- Execution: Roll up your sleeves and work with the troops and get things done
- Teamwork: Win hearts and minds. Align internally and externally. Be influential.
- Technical: Walk the walk in a company with strong product and dev DNA
- Financial/Data: Build business models. Use data to make decisions
- Negotiation/Contract: Fluent with negotiation strategy, tactics, cadence, and contracts
- Solve problems: Listen, empathize and be resourceful about overcoming objections
- Willingness to travel
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.