Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Consumer and Market Insights team is seeking a Consumer and Market Insights Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Consumer and Market Insights team. As a Consumer and Market Insights Manager at Hulu, you will support its primary research initiatives around programming, brand, product and audience. This role will be focused on designing research, interpreting data, translating it into actionable ideas and creating stunning PowerPoint reports to support the company’s Marketing, Content, Product and Distribution teams. The right person for this role is someone passionate about bringing the voice of the consumer to the boardroom and who is comfortable juggling multiple complex projects at once. If you are someone who is likely a rock star analyst/manager at a top market research firm or working for a major content distributor or programmer, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the complete process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies (i.e. questionnaire development, programming and testing surveys, analyzing results, and producing final reports). Much of Hulu’s primary research is conducted in-house and candidates should be comfortable writing questionnaires, working with various internal databases, analyzing raw data, and creating reports from scratch.
- Manage both qualitative and quantitative consumer insight projects with ability to develop questionnaires, pull sample and create data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides and reports.
- Write RFPs, review proposals, and coordinate research projects with external partners
- Synthesize primary and secondary data from multiple sources (i.e. Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, SNL Kagan) to tell a holistic story. Identify market trends and customer insights and translate into actionable ideas and strategies.
- Stay abreast of television, OTT and research industry news, trends and best practices
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of entertainment research experience, preferably at a market research supplier focused on the Entertainment vertical
- Experience working in the streaming video on-demand industry (SVOD) or multi video programming distribution industry (MVPD) working for a distributor or content provider
- Experience executing qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience with Creative Ad Diagnostics (ad copy testing, creative testing, campaign effectiveness)
- Understanding of a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media and technology
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. Proficient with survey tools such as Qualtrics.
- Experience with SPSS or other analytical tools such as R/SAS/SQL a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Team player, collaborative and inclusive
- BA/BS in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field. Must have a strong academic record and analytical background.
- Mix of agency, vendor and client side consumer insights