Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
At Hulu, data is critical for all our decision making needs whether it’s related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is extremely valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our data team is seeking a highly talented data engineer with a strong technical background and is passionate about diving deeper into Big Data with cutting edge analytics and data insights.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and optimize ETL processes by working closely with multiple data partners and stakeholders across the company to meet the growing business needs.
- Define technical requirements and data architecture for the underlying data warehouse.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across different business units to design, implement and deliver insightful analytic solutions.
- Develop analytics with a mind towards accuracy, scalability and high performance on large data sets – design and implement insightful reports to support these.
- Assist team members in providing meaningful data analyses and insights – work on associated data quality refinements.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- 2-3 years of solid experience working with large data systems
- Solid experience with at least one major database system (SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle)
- Solid experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs.
- Expert level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries.
- Experience with database administration skills like backup and recovery and index tuning.
- Strong programming (Java/C# or related) and scripting skills (Python/JS) highly desirable.
- Experience with MapReduce or other Hadoop implementations – associated understanding of Hive or Pig to query and process data in Hadoop, a big plus.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.