Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Platform Services Product team is seeking an experienced product manager to serve our Cloud and Platform Engineering team. As our first senior product manager for Platform and Cloud Engineering you will focus on driving the future vision for our developer platform, and define the roadmap for Hulu’s cloud migration. You have a track record of managing complex and interlocking roadmaps, and you have demonstrated skills in working both inside and outside the organization to coordinate highly technical teams to deliver flexible, safe, and simple workflows for our developer community, and a reliable, highly available platform at scale for tens of millions of users.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Cultivate your developer’s mind to build strong relationships throughout the engineering community to build a strong understanding
- Develop, manage, and execute on the high-level roadmap for launch of features within our developer platform
- Prioritize and balance the many initiatives and competing needs required to help Hulu’s technical stack migrate to the cloud
- Gather and use data to continuously improve the reliability and operability of services to support Hulu’s ever-expanding subscriber base
- Define, refine, and socialize the key metrics to define the success and quality of Hulu’s technical service delivery
- Identify opportunities and engage your peers to continuously improve Hulu’s development process
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of product management experience in the developer platform space
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- A desire to engage with an extraordinary developer community and to inspire engineering audiences get engaged with an evolving developer platform
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of cloud migrations and ecosystems
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (CS, CE, EE), business, or equivalent experience
- You understand the landscape of on-demand and live video, identify trends in the industry to ensure Hulu is utilizing the most modern infrastructure and tools to deliver our service reliably at scale
- You should have a bias for action, the propensity to break down work, identify the highest value items, and iteratively deliver valuable improvements
- Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity, competing priorities, and shifting strategies.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience with media technology in the live or on-demand streaming space
- Background managing platforms and tooling for internal stakeholders
- Product or Project Management certification is a plus, but not required