Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data Insights team is seeking a Senior Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Analytics organization. As a Senior Data Analyst at Hulu, you will be responsible for turning data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role thrives in a fast-pace environment, loves problem-solving and is a strong communicator. If you are someone who gains personal satisfaction from transforming data into knowledge for business insights, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build analysis, data visualizations, and cross-functional reporting that provides critical support to the operations and decision making of the organization
- Facilitate the analytical needs of the business, collaborate in the design of diagnostic solutions, and deliver exceptional data products and insights
- Act as a liaison between business units and data engineering to drive key operational metrics and KPIs for enabling business success and value-addition within the data and analytics domain
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Translate business functional requirements into technical specifications and, conversely, technical approaches into easily digestible terms
- Develop and foster strong relationships and transparent dialogue with the business community and data colleagues
- Provide analytics expertise to business units and key stakeholders regarding data and analytics questions
- Support business units, data teams and product/program management with process improvements for optimized delivery of diverse data requests
- Take personal accountability for delivery of projects and committed timelines
- Support business stakeholders in adopting reporting solutions and business intelligence tools for self-service
WHAT TO BRING
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
- 4+ years of experience as an analyst in a data and analytics domain
- Excellent SQL skills for complex querying, analysis, performance optimization, and persisting data
- Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Tableau, Qlikview, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Experience working in a ‘big-data’ environment (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience leveraging analytical concepts to craft an actionable story for technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with data science programming languages like R, SAS, and Python
- Familiarity working with web analytics tools (particularly: Google Analytics, Google Search Council, etc.)
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, design, modeling and data engineering
- Experience taking vague requirements and transforming them into crisp deliverables
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, relentless pursuit of data-driven insights
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders and technical colleagues
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues to leadership
- Strong motivation and ability to work independently Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Effective presentation skills across a diverse audience