Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product team is seeking a Sr Product Manager, Payments Platform who will own the global payments strategy for Hulu. Over the next 2-3 years Hulu is projected to process upwards of 4 billion dollars and as the Sr Product Manager, Payments, you will drive initiatives and cross-team projects related to payments and money movement both in the US and international. You’ll be responsible for defining a strong roadmap and own critical prioritization decisions on the most impactful features to build. Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products or large-scale platforms, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is as excited about 99.9999% reliability and financial correctness as they are about beautiful product UX and API design.The right person for this role is capable of reading the markets, understanding competition and knows when to adopt innovations to launch products, features, measure their performance and iterate rapidly. If you are someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude, thrives in a cross-collaborative environment, and has a relentless pursuit of improving the customer experience, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own and execute the roadmap for Hulu’s Global Payments platform that will process upwards of $4bn in the next 4 years.
- Drive the strategy and execution roadmap around global payment instruments and ensure that Hulu is at the forefront of utilizing innovations in the payments industry to increase net subscribers and improve profitability.
- Focus on analyzing and driving down involuntary churn
- Drive the payments strategy as it relates to Hulu’s international expansion
- Own and drive global taxation for Hulu and Hulu related products.
- Ensure that Hulu is managing fraud and chargebacks
- Build API’s products and complex systems at scale
- Collaborate with business and technology teams on the vision, strategy and roadmap for this platform. Work cross functionally to ensure work is prioritized and delivered within committed schedules. Be accountable for key business metrics and be responsible for overall payments health at Hulu.
- Rigorously leverage data and analytics to drive decisions, strategy, features and design
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, Content, Finance and Accounting on new and ongoing initiatives
- Work with Customer Support to ingest customer feedback and develop future improvements
- Work closely with Program Marketing and Engineering
- Wear many hats and potentially work on a variety of other PM projects
WHAT TO BRING
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas.
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on product management experience with Payments. Subscription service exposure a plus
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming languages and how SaaS integrations works
- Experience with service oriented architecture, microservices, and event driven architecture a plus
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective.
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail.
- Engineering and MBA / Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred