Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Accounting team. As a Senior Accountant at Hulu, you will report to the Manager, Accounting - Corporate and have direct exposure to other Hulu Accounting Managers, Controller and other areas within Finance. The ideal candidate will have both a public and private background. We are looking for a professional with the resourcefulness to take on any assignment, think through it, and readily grasp the most efficient and effective way to get to the goal. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of accounting and is proactive, self-directed, and willing to take on a challenge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process related to corporate accounting, including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Work directly with the Manager, Accounting - Corporate on ad hoc company initiatives
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding accounting related activities, and utilize judgment to address or escalate issues as necessary
- Assist in the review of contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Support annual internal and external audits as necessary, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
WHAT TO BRING
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, with a mix of public and private preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as month and year-end
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude and a fit with our Hulu culture
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, and/or CPA license
- Workday Financials knowledge
- Industry experience
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.