Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Play Stack team is responsible for ensuring that Hulu's customers can play back videos – the core functionality of the Hulu service. This touches every aspect of the business – from user-specific rules to content-specific rules to reporting and advertising. The team is responsible for both accessing the video streams and delivering the manifest files that power the in-app players – and delivering video to an iOS device is much different then delivering video to an XBOX One. The team is involved in end-to-end quality of service for playback, from how long it takes to start a video to how reliably the video segments are delivered. We are looking for a talented Software Developer to help us build a robust, reliable, and fast set of playback services..
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build systems to power a 24/7 live service
- Sweat every millisecond of latency
- Ensure that when a customer presses ‘play,’ they enjoy the video they selected
- Build, monitor, and scale complex systems that must juggle different areas of business logic quickly and reliably
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ of software development experience using Python or Java.
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime systems
- Creative and resourceful problem solving