Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Internships available in Seattle and Los Angeles locations.
Hulu’s Tech team is seeking a Program Management Intern who will be an exceptional addition to our Technology team. As a Program Management Intern at Hulu, you are expected to be partners in crime with engineers, helping to drive, track and release new products and features. You are the front line in separating the wheat from the chaff and making sure critical information is shared, while noise is kept to a minimum. This requires you to be fluent in both technology and the language of product, marketing, and advertising. You will also need to move quickly; we use Jira, Confluence, and whatever agile tools the team discovers work best. In this role, you will work with teams across the US and China to coordinate the reporting, tools, and processes used with product development for Hulu's Cross-Platform program. Above all else, you are expected to manage the inevitable change over the life-cycle of a project so that deadlines are met with great products and happy team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the Program Management team in driving project schedules and deliverables to completion
- Collaborate with other program managers and lead developers to launch features
- Work with program and product leads to author detailed reports for program status, schedules, task assignments, use cases, user scenarios
- Work with engineering, product, experience design and program management to ensure all project documentation is up-to-date and accurate via tools such as Jira, Confluence and Google Docs
- Work closely with QA to reproduce and triage software bugs, as well as identify release readiness
- Administer and improve the contents, configuration and processes for Agile Software product development tools such as Jira
- Investigate, track and resolve open issues for any given project through communication with a wide array of stakeholders
WHAT TO BRING
- Working towards an undergrad degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology Operations
- Solid understanding of relevant technical concepts and software design
- Experience or deep interest in Agile software development
- Experience and passion working with delivering product-driven features to consumers
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-motivated and directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude and a fit with our Hulu culture
- Hands-on work experience in software development is a big plus