Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Audience Platform aims to bring deep understanding at the individual user level by enabling rapid processing and retrieval of both explicit and derived implicit user information. The team's ‘Big Data’ processing pipeline lay out foundation for research team to accurately mold each user touch point to what the user needs at the moment, also be able to anticipate what user want and/or will do in the future, thus resulting in better targeting experiences all around from content, to search, to advertising, to engagement. The team's ‘Big Data’ analytics solution aims at providing cohort analysis, behavioral analysis and funnel analysis which enable people to easily obtain insights from the actions people and products make over time. These insights empower people to build the right strategies for increasing conversion, deepening engagement, and maximizing retention in their products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand Hulu’s business and marketing logic. Analyze the business requirements for reporting and analysis. Translate the requirements into good technical data designs.
- Design and build the data model for different business purpose. Develop and scale the data ETL pipeline to facilitate the accommodation of data into the warehouse and connect with BI tool.
- Handle architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
- Advocate engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code review and automated unit/functional testing
- Collaborate with program managers, and marketing team, researchers in an open, creative environment
- Review the technical design and perform code review of other developers’ work
- Coach and provide guidance to junior team members
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS related major
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in data modeling / data processing / SQL
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Knowledge of digital marketing and advertising
- Experience with processing large amounts of data at petabyte level
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experiences on CRM / DMP a related work is a plus
- Experiences on building marketing data warehouse is a plus