Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Local Ad Sales team is seeking an Account Manager to join a dynamic and diverse sales team at Hulu’s Chicago office.
This person needs to have the skills and commitment to help cover top tier clients and agencies externally as well as strong people skills that allows them to work with a variety of clients internally. A love for business development, prospecting and building an advertiser needs analysis. They should also feel comfortable in taking ownership and initiative in a fast-paced environment. Most of all, the ideal candidate should be genuinely excited by the sales process and understand the importance of exceeding goals. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for a great opportunity in a results-driven, fun, sales environment, we believe this may be the next move for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze local markets across our 14 state region to identify high value new business targets and develop a strategic client engagement plan.
- Pre-meeting intelligence gathering
- Point person for presentation materials
- Managing deadline for deck preparation
- Recommendations on deck content: sponsorships, research, creative examples
- Actively pursue and follow up on new business leads using available resources
- Outreach to local SMBs and regional brands
- Active participation in client meetings/presentations
- Development of key client relationships
- Responsible for helping achieve team & broader Hulu goals
- Make recommendations for client specific needs as outlined in RFP
- Ownership of external and internal deadlines (Ad Solutions, Creative Services, Research)
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in local digital/television advertising
- Must be driven self-starter with a bias towards action and an eye towards prospecting driving team business development goals.
- Possess the communication skills to clearly articulate the Hulu local value proposition and understand how to build a client needs analysis.
- Highly organized individual with an ability to thrive in chaos. Need to be able to prioritize client needs based on larger team strategic objectives and collaborate cross functionally at Hulu.
- A growth mindset with a passion for learning & development. Be comfortable in the grey. Bring a positive demeanor and an intrapreneurial spirit knowing the functionality of the job today could be vastly different than yesterday and tomorrow.
- Strong desire to work in Sales
- Strong experience working in Excel and PowerPoint required
- A genuine commitment to a team environment.