Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product Management team is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Management to lead our Video Pipeline product team. As a team lead at Hulu, you will focus on supporting the playback experience engineering teams and define the roadmap for playback services and advanced AV features. The right person for this role will use your superb collaboration skills to coordinate the planning, and implementation of work from ingest to client playback, integrating feedback from your business and engineering stakeholders to produce a roadmap of features to continuously improve Hulu’s video pipeline and playback experiences. If you are someone who focuses on creating great experiences for users and great working experiences for internal teams, and are interested in solving the biggest problems in OTT delivery today , then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, manage, and execute on the high-level roadmap for launch of features across ingest, transcoding, and playback.
- Take a tooling-first approach to ensure Hulu is also focused on building the capabilities required for operations, business teams, and partners to manage the video platform.
- Take a data-driven approach to continuously improve the technical delivery of video to Hulu’s ever-expanding subscriber base.
- Collaborate with partner management, operations, and engineering to produce actionable plans for the launch of advanced AV features.
- Define, refine, and socialize the key metrics to define the success of video delivery at Hulu.
- Identify opportunities and engage your peers to continuously improve Hulu’s development process.
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of product management experience in a media technology company in the live or on-demand streaming space.
- 2+ years experience managing a team of product managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (CS, CE, EE), business, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the landscape of on-demand and live video, and a working knowledge of industry trends that will help make Hulu a technology leader in the video space.
- Bias to action, and a strong ability to facilitate quick but aligned decision-making amongst technical teams, stakeholders, and operations.
- Demonstrated capability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
- Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead engaged, supportive, and high-integrity teams.
- Direct live video operations experience.
- A strong understanding of live signal acquisition and affiliate broadcasting models.
- Product or Project Management certification is a plus, but not required.