Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu's Advertising Sales Research team is seeking hardworking people to help build the future of Television and lead the advertising industry into the future. The Manager of Ad Sales Research will manage the day-to-day work of the audience research team and independently lead projects and analyses to tell the stories of Hulu’s audience and our advertisers’ success. You will work directly with the sales team and our research vendors to find and build solutions to measure Hulu consumption across the digital ecosphere. If you're the kind of person who is fascinated by data and audience research, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use both proprietary and syndicated tools to craft and present analyses for internal and external clients that tell Hulu’s story to the marketplace and advertiser clients.
- Support the Advertising Sales team with research and analytics, including but not limited to audience data, site metrics, normative data, and industry research.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current and potential client’s research and measurement goals, and guide the development of analyses to support the client base including Advanced Targeting, Reach/Frequency Analyses, Sales Attribution, and Advertising Effectiveness.
- Oversee the development of the research components of presentations, notes, and any other ad hoc requests from sales team.
- With the Senior Manager, you will develop and oversee custom projects with audience measurement companies to advance the state of digital measurement.
- With the Senior Manager, oversee the development of ad hoc analyses in response to communications and management team inquiries or to actively promote Hulu Advertising’s position and interests in the marketplace.
- Provide research guidance for ad sales deals around metrics and measurement for cross-platform inventory management.
- Work with third party research suppliers (comScore, Nielsen, Kantar, MRI).
- Perform analysis on proprietary and syndicated datasets.
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS in social sciences, communications, or related field required.
- 5+ years media research experience, including television and online, media, marketing, and strategy.
- Experience with, and a deep understanding of methodology, data, and systems from syndicated research providers, as well as direct internet technology and analytics.
- A real passion for the media business.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience with questionnaire design and advertising effectiveness measurement and familiarity with a variety of marketing research techniques and methodologies preferred.
- Great teammate with the ability to build good rapport with both internal and external clients.