Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Marketing team is seeking a Director, Licensed Content Marketing to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned content marketing executive with a track record of driving interest, viewing and enagement for series, films, live sports and live TV events. You will bring a strong track record of partnering with networks, sports entities and brands to build strategies and campaigns that deliver on subscriber growth and enagment. The ideal candidate will have the right balance between strategic acumen and creative vision to drive the business forward. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. You will be passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun, with a management style that emphasizes collaboration, communication and commitment on all levels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the strategic leader and voice for the licensed content marketing function, focused on leveraging partner brands/IP and live events to create effective campaigns for Hulu’s broad content offering.
- Set the short- and long-term strategy for all licensed/live content marketing and manage development of associated creative assets to drive audience engagement as well as broadened of the content on Hulu.
- Win support for campaigns from all relevant stakeholders, including network/league partners and Hulu executives who also influence the marketing plans and promotions.
- Develop existing talent and hire/onboard new talent to grow the function.
- Manage relationships with cross functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including brand marketing, social, creative and PR to insure that campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and needs of our service.
- Lead in cross functional and agency management of the campaigns.
- Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group.
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of experience marketing content with a track record of network and/or sports league partnership.
- Experience with network, series, live event launches and campaigns
- Team leadership – a track record of building and leading high performing teams.
- Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies.
- Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward.
- High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams.
- A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo.
- Experience within a subscription based business or OTT service is a plus but not required.