Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team‘s mission is to transform TV advertising and Hulu's Ad platform with data and AI. We build services, data applications and optimization engines for every aspect of advertising, including targeting, decisioning, pricing, inventory forecasting, attribution and measurements. Our tenant is a strong tech team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from research, big data, microservices to data applications. In addition to the backend services and pipelines, our platform includes a set of front-end tools where our advertising and other business partners build up advanced targeting segments and generate business reports. Our team is seeking a senior full stack software developer who will be an outstanding addition and will be leading technical design and implementation for our new microservices based targeting and attribution platform to enable optimization of our advertising business. The right person for this role is experienced on crafting and leading implementation for critical full stack components, and is inquisitive and innovative on frontends and microservices. If you are someone who are proactive, hardworking in this domain, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead to design and improve data applications to fit the evolving business and provide better user experience.
- Continuously evolve and improve performance, scalability, and availability of backend services or data pipelines.
- Advocate engineering standard methodologies, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated unit/integration testing.
- Drive disruptive innovation and apply new ground breaking technologies
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, and researchers in an open and innovative environment.
- Mentor team members, and guide their professional and technical development
- Communicate status to senior management.
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
- Adept in at least one widely used Web development framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack.
- Strong knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Experience of build industry level highly available and scalable service
- Knowledge of Hadoop or big data ecosystem
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level.
- Experience in digital video advertising domain.
- Experience with CRM, DMP, user persona and audience insights.
- Experience with Docker, Airflow, Kafka, AWS, and etc.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English