Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
At Hulu, we use technology to build lasting, large-scale solutions to power a service used by tens of millions of users, accessing videos across a large footprint of devices. Content is core to Hulu’s business and success. The video team strives to produce the highest quality video delivery experience over the Internet. The team is responsible for engineering the video platform, including encoding, packaging and playback (DRM and manifest).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for a team of software engineers.
- Architect, design, and extend a high-capacity, large scale media processing platform.
- Collaborate with senior internal team members and external stakeholders to capture requirements and drive implementation.
- Own the end to end workflow for encoding. This includes ingestion, archive, encoding, packaging, and delivery to end users, and playback metrics for user streams.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and, if needed, introduce mechanisms to keep the team on track.
- Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Proven leadership skills and proven ability to execute on projects.
- A passion for building technology and digital media.
- Experience with media encoding and/or streaming