Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Viewer Experience (VX) is seeking a Community Engagement Moderator who will be an outstanding addition to our viewer-focused team! As a Moderator on the Community Engagement team, you will be responsible for moderating and coordinating programs on Hulu's hosted forum, which we established to collect viewer feedback, offer crowdsourced support and enable/drive engagement with our viewers. The right person for this role has a talent for balancing the professional and the playful, can engage online communities to drive brand love for Hulu, and can keep the forum streamlined and focused. Are you someone who loves influencing the crowd through writing? If so, we believe this could be a great role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Community moderation: Moderate discussions to encourage the right tone while also ensuring accurate information and meeting Hulu’s standards and principles; manage threads to ensure that the community is easy to navigate and that pulling insights is an easy task
- Coordinate programs that incent community participation (e.g. rewards and recognition)
- Communicate the status of product improvements discussed in the community back to viewers
- Generate ideas and help develop strategies on how we can continuously improve community participation and drive desired business outcomes.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years’ experience in online community moderation or social media
- Proven ability to write with appropriate tone and to manage tasks efficiently
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work during significant live TV events falling on evenings and weekends.
- Experience with engaging a new online community
- Experience with presenting new ideas to a group
- Familiarity with TV, digital entertainment landscape