Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Software Developer Engineer in Test, who is passionate about redefining TV. The role will have a lot of autonomy coupled with the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best software developers and occasionally pair program. The position is balanced between writing Test Automation Infrastructure, automating Test Cases and delegating work out to other Hulugans. From a cultural side we think character matters a lot coupled with let’s have fun at work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on Video and Metadata technology stacks.
- Develop Automated Test Frameworks and Test Cases.
- Read and write lots of code.
- Have the opportunity to think big and try new ideas out.
- Query back systems, such as REST APIs and Database.
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 2-5 years of writing code and/or technical/automation testing (language agnostic).
- Understands software design principles from basic to advance.
- Most importantly, passionate about coding.
- Ability/Experience to delegate work, such as Tool Development and Automated Test Cases.
- Video encoding and playback experience landscape
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.