Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Director, Subscriber Growth who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Planning and Analysis (FPandA) leadership team. As a Director, Subscriber Growth FPandA at Hulu, you will lead a team focused on analyzing Hulu’s subscriber trends while providing finance support to the Marketing and Partnerships groups. You will be responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders, guiding your team through data analysis to produce insights and recommendations, preparing and delivering presentations to management, and leading budgeting, scenario planning and forecasting processes. In addition, your team will be subject matter experts on our subscription business and all related metrics. The right person for this role is a proven leader with experience influencing across an organization, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the creation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts and rolling projections for subscribers, marketing, and related financial metrics and provide insights on actual performance vs. expectations – across SVOD and digital MVPD businesses
- Work cross-functionally to advance Hulu’s understanding of subscriber trends and to influence strategy/tactics focused on subscriber growth
- Collaborate with Hulu’s Marketing team to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing spend
- Support Hulu’s Partnerships team in evaluating, modeling and structuring potential distribution partnerships
- Provide financial and strategic insights to Hulu’s Viewer Experience (Customer Support) group
- Lead annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and monthly results analysis efforts for the relevant business groups above
- Collaborate with the executives and other teams in finance to develop long range plan for subscriber growth and marketing efficiency across both SVOD and digital MVPD businesses
WHAT TO BRING
- + years of work experience in finance including at least 3 years of experience managing a team
- Prior experience working with a subscription business model
- Experience with Customer Lifetime Value, churn, Subscriber Acquisition Cost
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Exceptional executive communication (written and oral), including creation of decks and presentations for C-Suite
- Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP and basic accounting knowledge
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance, Economics or other quantitative field from a top-tier Undergraduate Institution
- MBA from a leading Business School
- Experience with emerging, high-growth companies in the entertainment, media, or technology space.