Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Personalization group is seeking a Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Product team. As a Product Manager at Hulu, you will help ensure that users see the best recommendations throughout their Hulu experience. This is an opportunity for an established product manager to learn or deepen their machine learning and recommendations expertise through close work and partnership with researchers, engineers, data scientists, designers, and business teams. You’ll also own projects end-to-end, defining and executing on a portfolio of features that improve recommendations across the board. This is an opportunity to learn as well as showcase your own skills. You’ll have access and partner with peers who have deep experience in machine learning, but you’ll own your own projects, strategy, and execution end-to-end. Self-starters with an eye for technical detail, a penchant for data, and curiosity about new technology/research will do well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own all improvements and management of AutoPlay. This experience makes recommendations when users finish watching a show and starts playback automatically. It’s responsible for a large percentage of Hulu watch minutes and is an important strategic investment area.
- Manage a portfolio of various projects aimed to improve our recommendations in all areas of Hulu. You’ll answer questions like:
- How many times should we recommend a particular show to a user?
- How should our recommendations vary at different times of day?
- How should we explain the rationale behind recommendations?
- Conduct ongoing tracking/planning
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience as a product manager working on features with a backend component
- Data-oriented mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
- Passion for TV
- Openness for learning -- in the machine learning space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept. This role doesn’t mandate machine learning experience, but you should understand the principles of ML.
- Clear, logical thinking and communication skills
- Experience in social/entertainment space (music, video, social)
- Experience with machine learning