Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Systems Operations team is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer Lead who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Sr. Systems Engineer Lead at Hulu, you will lead a team of system’s engineers responsible for building infrastructure and platforms that enable developers to build, automate, host and monitor their services in our data centers and cloud. The ideal candidate should demonstrate superb technical and leadership competency in delivering mission-critical infrastructure and cloud platforms and services while ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. If you are someone who strives for operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead Systems Engineers in the design and implementation of data center and cloud infrastructure.
- Lead the design and maintenance of core critical systems and services
- Lead the development of tools and processes to reduce operational costs and increase operational efficiency
- Manage relationships with internal customers to drive collaboration.
- Engage with PMO to ensure project efficiency, prioritization and on-time delivery.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and years of experience
- 7+ years of experience building and supporting highly available infrastructure(systems and storage) at scale in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working across multiple levels of software, hardware, and networking stacks
- Hands-on experience with Linux systems administration including virtualization
- Design experience with highly available/fault-tolerant infrastructure and services
- Hands-on with configuration management systems, including writing and troubleshooting recipes and managing critical systems
- Experience with site reliability, systems monitoring tools, and change management strategies
- Experience with cloud management and orchestration systems
- Deep understanding of best-practice methodologies for systems in a data center or cloud environment
- Knowledge and understanding of essential security concepts, and the ability to apply them to operating procedures, configurations, and tooling
- Proficient at scripting in at least one common scripting language.
- Strong documentation/training/communication skills.
- AWS/Cloud Experience
- Management Experience
- Experience in Agile environment