Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing is dedicated to integrate advanced technologies and algorithms to address real business problems. As an online streaming company, content is one of our core assets. With a rich variety of user scenarios, how to help editors programming high-quality content into these scenarios while balancing business goals and user experience is a challenging problem. We'll need to show right editorial content to right users at the right time to maximize benefit. We work with research teams and marketing teams to apply a variety of algorithms to optimize this goal and increase efficiency. Here, you can experience how your work impact Hulu's core business.
Besides technical skills, we are also striving to build the culture and atmosphere to enhance team members' soft skills and business sense. We consider this as one of team's core strengths. We believe it would benefit your career.
Now, we are seeking for a strong backend engineer who will be an outstanding addition to team. The right person for this role is a hardworking technology pioneer, a problem solver, and an innovator, with a high bar for him/herself. If you are feeling passionate about improving business by applying professional technical capability, and someone who are not satisfied at just being an engineer, but also want to grow your career by improving diverse soft skills, then this is an excellent role for you.
What you'll do?
- Work closely with product managers, marketing, designers and researchers to define content programming features and strategy to improve user engagement, as well as editor efficiency;
- Build, optimize, and maintain content programming core business logic in low latency/high volume backend systems;
- Lead end-to-end system design;
- Coach junior or even Sr. engineers through design/code review. As a super technical star, work with manager to improve the whole team’s skill;
- You should have an ambitious spirit and love autonomy - long for the chance to create groundbreaking solutions to meaningful problems, willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
What to bring
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field;
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in high traffic and scalable backend systems;
- Outstanding programming ability in Java;
- Expertise in Flink/Spark;
- Proven system design ability and OO thinking;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in advertising systems and/or machine learning;
- Experience in Docker/Zookeeper/Kafka.