Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Social Media team is seeking a Social Engagement Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Marketing team. As a Social Engagement Manager at Hulu, you will help drive the conversation and real time engagement with consumers, media and talent across all of our social platforms. The right person for this role has critical thinking/judgement, excellent communication and writing skills through words, emoji’s and gifs and be highly organized, proactive with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and opportunities. If you are someone who is passionate about pop culture, entertainment, conversation, social media and storytelling, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Daily management of Hulu brand social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest) including content publishing, community engagement and moderation
- Initiate conversations and listen, respond, and engage with consumers, influencers, industry partners and press on social media
- Oversee opportunities and development of reactive responses to community posts in a timely manner
- Daily administrative support for senior team members including scheduling, calendar management, event support, meeting notes and coordinator tasks
- Leverage listening tools to stay abreast of social sentiment and key insights that will help inform and refine community management approach.
- Identify potential opportunities for UGC (user-generated content) while moderating communities to help inform campaign managers of potential ways to put the ‘viewer first’
- Support the Social Media team on influencer program creation and, specifically, ambassador engagement.
- Assist in real time social coverage, engagement and execution of live events
- Flagging of any brand and industry related issues (potential and existing) to Hulu Social and PR/Comms Teams as they come up
WHAT TO BRING
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community and/or social media management in entertainment
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice
- Ability to manage high levels of inbound conversations, following workflow guidelines
- Great judgement and critical thinking
- Innate ability to empathize with a community and balance consumer realities, coordinating with internal teams as needed to resolve sensitive issues and provide great brand experiences in short amounts of time
- Ability to work well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable judgement, time management, organization, and prioritization
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of community management, including brand management and marketing, social care, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and project/account management
- Sound knowledge of social media best practices, and the social media landscape
- Keen eye for design, composition and aesthetic
- Understanding the influencer landscape, their social platforms, content creation patterns and their work within the entertainment and lifestyle industry
- Develop stories leveraging community and influencers to connect to brand objectives and consumer needs
- Experience interfacing with in-front-of-the-camera talent and creative types