Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Product Management team is seeking a Senior Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Audience Engagement, Discovery team. As a Senior Product Manager at Hulu, you will be responsible for helping Hulu’s viewers quickly and easily find the content they love. You will work with design, technology and business stakeholders to define and deliver a content discovery experience that is used by millions of viewers with an infinitely unique set of interests and a pressing need to be entertained. The right person for this role will obsess every day over the invention, testing, technical development and launch of new mechanisms of discovery that help connect viewers with the content they love in ways that seem obvious, feel effortless and delightful. They will assess daily both qualitative and quantitative measures in order to ascertain audience satisfaction, and they will use the insights they divine, to drive a roadmap of features that will measurably change the viewers experience for the better. If you are someone who is intensely imaginative, capable of deconstructing complex problems into actionable solutions, able to communicate clear reasoning in the board room or at the scrum board, is obsessed with the viewers experience in tv, movies or music, and subscribes to the notion that data-informed reasoning is the weapon of objectivity, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Invent new mechanisms of discovery that help connect viewers with the content they love.
- Evaluate market trends, conduct competitive analysis and identify areas of relative opportunity in our customer offering.
- Gather requirements, write specs, create wireframes and workflows, and coordinate cross-functionally with teams from across the organization.
- Establish a shared vision and roadmap on the right things to solve for by earning trust and building consensus with your stakeholders
- Partner with UX on devising better surfaces and simpler, smarter interactions that scale elegantly across all content types, windows of availability and subscription entitlements.
- Partner with engineering to evolve the technologies necessary to deliver these best-in-class content discovery experiences to our viewers.
- Partner with User and Marketing Research to devise and implement tests and experiments that enable meticulous prospective analysis of product performance.
- Define new and smarter measures and metrics with business intelligence that enable meticulous retrospective analysis of user engagement.
- Work closely with other members of Hulu’s Discovery Product Management team to ensure proper integration of all product solutions.
- Bring a unique perspective to the Product and UX team that helps everyone to grow and improve.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of product management experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Highly analytical thinker, with demonstrated ability to dive into quantitative and qualitative data and derive data-informed solutions
- Extensive experience with A/B and multivariate testing frameworks.
- Proven experience managing a feature roadmap in a rapid release environments; Dogfooding Alphas, Private Betas, Public Launches.
- Strong communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis.
- Intense passion for content, film, tv and/or music.
- Great enthusiasm for Hulu and a genuine advocacy for our viewer experience.
- Technical background - CS, CE, EE (strongly preferred)
- Background in Economics, Psychology, Sociology (Highly preferred)
- MBA (Highly preferred)
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.