Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Site team is seeking a passionate test engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our Technology Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation at Hulu, you will develop scalable testing strategies, build the tools and tests that improve the efficiency of the team and ensure the health of our product. The right person for this role will also help coach other team members on how to contribute towards building and maintaining a robust and state of the art test automation harness. If you are someone who is passionate and eager to engineer solutions which multiple tech teams would use to move faster, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build tooling, scalable and maintainable test infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
- Partnering with various product and engineering teams to develop system test automation and infrastructure for Mobile and Site teamsI
- ntroducing effective test/quality methodologies to teams and improve existing tests
- Help coach QA engineers on the team to ramp up on automation concepts and contribute towards improving test coverage
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences
WHAT TO BRING
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on software development experience
- Relevant experience in developing test strategies, architecting test frameworks and testing tools to support automated testing for iOS/Android/Web/Mobile Web
- Strong programming skills in any one Object oriented language (i.e. Python, Ruby, Go Lang, Swift, Node or Java).
- Proficient with Unix-like systems, command-line tools, and general operation
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Relevant experience in any one mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation tools/frameworks (i.e. Calabash, Appium, Robotium, Selenium, Robot, Watir, Cucumber)
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role