Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Director to lead our growing Data Solutions and Services team. You will be responsible for building high impact data engineering function and leading projects to deliver high-quality scalable enterprise data solutions that meet data, reporting and analytical needs of the organization!
The ideal candidate provides leadership and technical skills to champion and implement data models, data engineering, data governance, data integrity, data standards, data integration, software engineering, and QA best practices. You will liaise with the broader data, tech, architecture and business teams to define overall technical direction, figure out system needs, influence and guide data solutions and services delivery from concept to implementation. Are you someone who eats, sleeps and breathes data and has a deep passion for helping Hulu making data-driven decisions? If so, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead, build and grow the data solutions teams.
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Lead software engineers, data engineers, data modeler and QA to deliver on data solution, data products, data services, data warehouse and marts strategy
- Develop, administer and maintain centralized enterprise data & analytics solution capability
- Lead database development, data modeling, integration and ETL in RDBMS and NoSQL environments
- Ensure operational & delivery efficiency, SLAs and oversee Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for critical applications
- Collaborate with data and system architects to implement high-quality, performant, scalable data architecture and information management framework
- Promote and develop data engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable, agile and scalable frameworks
- Manage prioritization and allocation of resources to optimize delivery
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in selecting, implementing and scaling modern data analytics stack
- Handle vendor relationships and assist with vendor selection for future application solutions
- Work with leadership, product and engineering teams to develop and deliver data, reporting and analytical capabilities for key business needs.
- Lead the evangelization of data products, solutions and capabilities across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline; MS preferred
- At least 10 years experience in software development and data engineering with successful track records in multiple aspects of producing, consuming, balancing and utilizing data for analytical and operational needs in a large organization
- 8+ years of leadership and management experience
- 5+ years of hands-on implementation or architecture experience large-scale big data systems and data solutions
- Proven ability to attract talent, build, develop and run high performant teams
- Experience leading remote teams in a matrix organization
- Proven knowledge of data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data technologies & platforms
- Deep technical expertise in EDW methodologies, ETL, security, database optimization for query tuning
- Excellent understanding of cloud infrastructure as well as experience in building big data application and platform in AWS
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and decision-making skills
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Self-motivated with a strong focus to deliver high-quality solutions and intellectual curiosity to grow and learn
- Ability to think strategically with a relentless focus on delivering results
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- MS in Computer Science, Information Management or related field