Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Data Products Team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to complement our exciting new Experimentation Services and Platform team. As a Technical Program Manager at Hulu, you will lead complex and cross team programs to establish the vision and technology along with our software engineers and business stakeholders. This vision will drive experimentation platform capabilities and will enable the business to transform ideas into testable features. As a Program Manager, you will empower the creativity of the team to deliver solutions with a sprint focus and unblock any hurdles. You will work with the Product Owner to think beyond the sprint about the complete platform experience and if the 'what' that is being planned will deliver on the strategic vision. In other words, you will work on balancing the empowerment of the 'how' with the 'why', 'when', and 'what'. The right person for this role has a strong focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, sets a high bar for themselves, likes to solve problems, and is tenacious when developing and instituting new processes and influencing adoption across technology and business. This person should be intellectually curious and an innovator. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when accomplishing challenging projects while partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with experimentation platform product managers to ensure platform capabilities align with experimentation needs
- Work with experiment implementation engineers and TPMs to make sure the platform is easy to integrate and use
- Build a roadmap for the platform by working with stakeholders and users, and understanding pain points, needs and business impacts
- Work with technology sponsors to ensure timing and project scope aligns with long-term objectives
- Work with product data analysts and data scientists to ensure reporting and analysis is straightforward
- Own program scope and definition, develop milestones and launch schedule, and drive program execution.
- Manage requirements, relationships, dependencies, risks, timelines and deliverables.
- Manage impediments and drive consensus within engineering teams and between business and technologies.
- Lead Sprint / release retrospective to identify lesson leant and best practice for continuous improvement.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS degree in CS or analytics related major
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics, preferred experience program managing experimentation platforms (e.g., Optimizely, Maxymiser, Conductrics, PlanOut) and their implementation
- 2+ years experience in Agile software development and leading scrum rituals.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with people distributed across geographical locations.
- Strong passion for optimizing customer experiences and very familiar with the tools and process involved.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills.