Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Advertising Sales Research team is seeking a passionate leader to help contribute to the future of Television, and lead the advertising industry into the future. The Senior Manager, Marketplace Insights within Advertising Sales Research will serve as a primary resource for better understanding key verticals served by Hulu’s Ad Sales organization, and for highlighting the trends that matter to brands within those verticals. In this newly-created role, you will work directly with Sales as well as leaders within the Ad Sales Research team to create advertiser-specific industry insights across multiple categories (e.g. CPG, Auto, Tech and more), analyze broad media trends across the digital advertising ecosphere, and connect those insights and trends to actionable strategies that enable brands to reach Hulu’s audience. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and analyze industries, companies, business models, and marketing strategies in key advertiser verticals such as CPG, Retail, Tech, Telecom
- Create market-facing insights to highlight emerging trends in these verticals.
- Mine all available information about trends in the advertising and media industries, including high profile industry reports (Nielsen Total Audience Report, IAB reports, etc.)
- Collect and retain information that is meaningful to Hulu’s business, and summarize relevant data into briefs and externally facing presentations.
- Work cross-functionally to build compelling narratives that make use of 1st party and 3rd party data around audiences and media trends; tie these narratives back to Hulu’s ability to help brands reach consumers.
- Create spend analyses for key advertisers; tie findings back to Hulu’s overall market share.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current and potential client’s research and measurement goals and guide the development of research strategy and analyses to support client goals.
- Leverage proprietary and syndicated tools to obtain data; analyze large data sets to find relevant audience/viewership insights.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the Ad Sales team with research and analytics; including, but not limited to, audience data, normative data, key Hulu metrics.
- Manage and develop a team of analysts.
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS in social sciences, business, finance or a related field required.
- 7+ years media research experience, including television and online, media, marketing, and strategy.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience with, and a strong understanding of methodology, data, and systems from syndicated research providers (e.g. comScore, Kantar, Nielsen), as well as direct internet technology and analytics.
- Deep understanding of the media business.
- Proven ability to generate strategic insights from rigorous analysis.
- Excellent writing and presentation building skills.
- ONE TEAM attitude with the ability to build good rapport with both internal and external clients.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).