Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Digital Advertising Financial Planning and Analysis team. As an SFA at Hulu, you will be a critical part of refining Hulu’s growing Advertising business by providing financial insights to further improve Advertising Sales’ top- and bottom-line, getting comprehensive exposure to the full P&L of Hulu’s advertising arm. The right person for this role will find career development in both the Finance and Advertising Sales worlds. If you are someone who is passionate about growing with a rising business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open and fast-growing environment, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and improve reporting packages to reflect performance of Hulu’s Advertising business, utilize internal financial systems to further optimize process and surface up business insights to help inform strategic conversations
- Digest and enhance financial models used to budget/forecast during monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting cycles, scope including: advertising revenue, licensing cost, overhead and headcount related analysis
- Partner with Sales organization to identify and analyze opportunities & risks to P/L goals; help manage overhead operations by collaborating with budget holders
- Partner with Marketing & Distribution team in daily operations and strategic conversations for Hulu’s FVOD business
- Steward data-driven decision making in conjunction with varying stakeholders across the company (Product, Engineering, Business Development, HR, etc.) to optimize revenue and profit with the viewer experience in mind
- Manage ad hoc projects on an on-going basis and present to business partners. Project examples include partnership deal valuation, P&L for investment cases, headcount planning, etc.
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Finance or Operations Finance; Advertising industry background is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics or similar quantitative discipline
- Goal-oriented and client-facing mindset; entrepreneurial spirit to continue innovating and adding value; proactive communication style with the ability to build/foster relationships with business partners internally and externally
- Strong work ethic; high sense of urgency; ability to learn and deliver results in tight timeline
- Experience with partnering with stakeholders across the organization and drive projects forward
- Experience with financial ERP systems, large data sets & sophisticated models, proven proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint presentations and deck creation
- Basic SQL/Tableau experience is a plus