Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu runs one of the largest video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a Hulu viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging overall experience for Hulu viewers.
The Ad Experience (AX) team specializes in the development of tooling and microservices as connective tissues to the above. We are seeking a senior full stack software developer who will be an outstanding addition to our team, leading technical design and implementation for our new ad campaign workflows. This individual will help define and launch the next generation of platform tools to scale our critical business apps. The right person for this role is experienced with crafting and leading implementation for frontends and backends. If you are proactive, innovative and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to work with a group of very hardworking developers, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead design and development of the campaign trafficking suite of apps to provide outstanding user experience.
- Lead and improve performance, scalability, and availability of backend services by systematically thinking through potential design impact to other business functions.
- Be responsible for the evolution of our technical stacks to refactor, scale and extend our current future services, pipelines and workflows via DevOps, CD/CD/CT in Agile.
- Advocate engineering standard methodologies, including design patterns, lean software, automation, code analysis and disruptive innovation to drive business value and development efficiency.
- Collaborate with multi-functional business partners namely technical program managers, product managers, designers, developers, QA, system and cloud operation engineers in an open and innovative environment.
- Mentor and guide team members by being the role model and an advocate for building leaner working software of tomorrow.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development in fast-pace collaborative team environment.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Go, Objective C, or C#.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, Distributed Systems, and Systems Architecture.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive, compassionate attitude towards peer and customers.
- Experience building and deploying highly available and scalable services in a multi-tier cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with data access APIs using GraphQL or related frameworks.
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.