Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Subscriber Engagement and Retention team is seeking a Senior Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Audience Engagement team. As a Senior Product Manager at Hulu, you will be responsible for our content promotion system, which enables us to run promotional campaigns and connect new and exciting content with the viewers who are most likely to enjoy it. In this role, you will define the vision and roadmap for programmatic delivery of content campaigns, audience targeting of those campaigns, and measurement capabilities to determine the ROI of campaigns. The primary stakeholders for this team are Hulu’s content marketing and editorial teams, who are some of the industry’s best digital marketers. You will work with UX and technology teams to see your vision through to reality. Throughout this process, you will advocate for the needs of the business, while acting as a vocal champion for the viewer and their experience. The right person for this role will be super passionate about TV and movies, and thrives in an environment where they are asked to align the desire to achieve business objectives with the need to think on behalf of the customer and create a win-win. They will also enjoy diving into the data to understand how the system works and excited to tinker with a complex system to make it better. An ideal candidate will have several years of hands-on technical, analytical, or engineering experience in a marketing, ad-tech or content merchandising company. If you are someone who is intensely imaginative, capable of deconstructing complex problems into actionable solutions, able to communicate clear reasoning in the boardroom or at the scrum board, is obsessed with the viewer’s experience in TV and movies, and subscribes to the notion that data-based reasoning is the weapon of objectivity, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with Content Marketing, Editorial, Advertising, Partnerships and Content Acquisition to develop a content campaign delivery system that serves the diverse business objectives of your stakeholders.
- Gather requirements and anticipate them, rigorously prioritize your roadmap, create wireframes and workflows, and coordinate cross-functionally with teams from across the organization.
- Evaluate market trends, conduct competitive analysis, lead user surveys, and identify areas of relative opportunity in your product.
- Work together with UX, technical program management and engineering architects to design a robust content campaign delivery platform that satisfies the needs of business.
- Work with engineering to build the content campaign management, reporting and delivery technologies necessary to deliver personalized and timely content campaigns to Hulu viewers.
- Define and implement tests with user research, measure progress against KPIs with business intelligence and implement metrics that enable meticulous retrospective and prospective analysis of product performance.
- Socialize campaign strategy amongst the product team and leaders throughout the organization to achieve buy-in on your roadmap.
- Work closely with other members of Hulu’s Discovery Product Management team to ensure proper integration of all product solutions within the scope of Content Campaigns.
- Bring a unique perspective to the Product and UX team that helps everyone to grow and improve.
WHAT TO BRING
- Strong communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis.
- Great enthusiasm for Hulu and a genuine advocacy for our viewer experience
- Highly analytical thinker, with demonstrated ability to dive into quantitative and qualitative data and derive data-driven solutions
- Product methodologies strongly based in SAFe or Lean Agile.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing frameworks.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5 years of product management experience
- 5 years of hands-on quantitative, strategic, or technical experience at an ad tech, e-commerce or marketing tech company
- MBA or other advanced business degree highly preferred