Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Beijing Player team is seeking a Software Developer who will be a great addition to our engineering team. You’ll work on our Web and Chromecast video player used by million of users, and will be touching the entire video streaming technology stack. You’ll work into an international environment and will collaborate closely, on a daily basis, with many front-end, back-end teams in Beijing, Santa Monica, Seattle and San Francisco.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on our Web player and Chromecast player and write code to develop new video streaming features, such as bit rate control, picture-in-picture live stream, live advertising, etc ..
- Work on our cutting edge multimedia framework.
- Develop expertise on media streaming standards (HLS, DASH).
- Work with latest video Ads standard (Video Ads, Vpaid, Selector, PIS)
- Learn about latest video optimization algorithm.
- Deal with DRM and content protection schemes like FairPlay, PlayReady, Widevine, HDC.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering.
- Proficient in object oriented design and programming.
- Proficient into another programming language (Java, Python, Go, etc ..) .
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Great problem solving ability.
- Love of building great software.
- Scrum methodology awareness.
- Familiar with software engineering tools such as: Git, Jenkins, Jira, etc ..
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Rspec etc.